RETURN OF THE TED....
Delighted to finally get to ride with my two old (as in "known a long time", NOT "old") pals this week.
After our Book Club Meeting #32, we decided to go on a little run to Pontardulais & back for coffee & a pie @ The Motley Pie company
This allowed me to reprise my time as "SuperTed" the wonder cyclist. Long story short, I had previously owned a similar kit, bought for my projected Cycle Around The World plan, inspired partly by David's Cycle to Greece epic.
My eye took a fancy to the Team Z Peugeot TDF Kit from 1998, and I bought a replica to wear on this Journey. (Greg LeMond went on to win the tour in it in 1990). I then turned up @ David's after a training ride, and was promptly pillaried, & christened "SuperTed". Serves me right for thinking I could get away with style in front of mates like mine....
So, on my recent return to cycling, I hunted down a copy of said kit, in which I still think I look rather dashing!
Funnily enough, David's Greek odyssey was similarly reprised by Himself, & written up in his weighty tome, Cycle-ride to Istanbul an antidote to being grown-up (available via link, or all good booksellers)
The run was fab - following the old train lines , now converted to cycle & pedestrian paths, along the valleys of this area.
This resulted in one very happy SuperTed, and has inspired me to go and sign up for more rides locally with the CTC in the area. Watch tis space for runs!
Couldn't close the post without a sign off from the OG Himself:-
"Spotty-type cosmic dust!"






1 Comments:
Yet again………………..my work here is done
Post a Comment
<< Home