Friday, August 14, 2026

SHRINKING - TV REVIEW (SPOILERS)




IMDB REVIEW :- Shrinking

Score:- 8.2

Based on a rec by the clinging to the wreckage crew, we started watching this. It's one of those really sharply written American comedies produced recently. 

The shining light for me is Harrison Ford, as a grumpy old shrink, with great lines like "I'm a cranky old bastard with a full head of hair" which of course appeals to me. 

The rest of the cast are fab, with a full pc ethnicity quota. We are on series 2 ep 9, and either me or the writers are becoming tired. Kim doesn't feel this, so perhaps it's me. It also slips into schmaltz quite a lot. I'm also surprised at how much serious swearing and sex references have become more mainstream. Am I becoming more prudish in my "late middle age" - big flapping pussy/suck my ass/& various objects up the bum references.

All in all, one of the best recent US comedies - 8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home