Wednesday, August 12, 2026

WE'RE GONNA FIGHT, FOR OUR RIGHT, TO CRASH!




I must admit to laughing out loud over my eggs on toast @ the West End Cafe in Llandovery this morning.

The Hog was in for it's first annual service, and as Yamaha are still running their £10k prize draw promotion for test drives, I took a MT09SP out for a spin. As I got to the start of the lovely winding Black Mountain run, I noticed that the powers that be had decided to make the 5 miles of the run a 40mph Average Speed Camera Zone for my safety. Bless them. I was not a happy bunny. 

However, I couldn't see any cameras, or a way of monitoring my run. When I got to the Cafe, I googled this, and found out that:-





Naughty Vandals! I thought they were defeated and erased by the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire during the Vandalic War of 533–534 CE. Emperor Justinian I sent his general, Belisarius, who decisively beat the Vandal forces in North Africa. Looks likre the scamps have made a re-appearance in Brynamman. 

However, I also noticed the clubhouse of the South West Chapter of the Hell's Angels is just down the road, in Gwaen-Cae-Gerwen. I wonder if this is a coincidence?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home