Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Under Milk Wood

I Watched Under Milk Wood ( the movie) last week, and have been meaning to review it.
I'm afraid it will have to be review 'lite'

Overall, I thought it was a worthy effort. The whole play was faithfully reproduced, with the voice of Richard Burton as the narrator. The village characters were well played by most of the 70's 'Taffia', with a creditable performance by Peter O'Toole as Captain Cat, and a young David Jason as Nogood Boyo.


The major negative for me was Burton and 'Ryan' (of 70's Ryan & Ronnie fame), meandering through the town acting daft. At one stage, there was a menage-au-trois with a mystery woman in a shed in a field. What that was about, I really don't know. Daft tittivation, I think. Oh, and then Ruth Maddock frolicked topless in the bay.

The scenery was excellent, filmed in Lower Town, Fishguard. the sets worked well, too.

7/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home