Wednesday, October 07, 2026

TAPAS NO GIN

We had a fantastic Birthday celebration @ Gin & Tapas, Newton Road, Mumbles, last weekend. Generously paid for by (ex) Dr. Mattie & his good lady; an excellent time was had by all. 

After struggling somewhat to choose an eatery of sufficient quality, and at a sufficiently reasonable price tag, Mel suggested the above. What a good choice that turned out to be! Even though we were 30 mins early, they welcomed us in, and gave us a great table in the bay window. The joint was jumpin, full to the brim of happy eaters. It was lovely to see the Forwood family installed, as Madlen & I share October 2nd for our Cumpleaños.

The choice was extensive, with even a German theme for Octoberfest! (Bratwurst for the brats amongst us). The other Tapas were delicious, and well portioned for the hungry Swansea crowd. They even had Kronenbourg 1664 Blanche on tap to the delight of the good doctor. At the end of the meal, they presented the Birthday Boy with a voicher for £20! I thought this was a brilliant marketing device, until 2 days later, I found it was from Mel, Ali & Jude - a point they had forgot to mention! Needless to say, the company was outstanding, wit and repartee flowing like wine.

I don't think we will be strangers to this great venue. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home