Wednesday, July 26, 2006

You're Nicked!


Thanks to the Wiltshire police for these lovely two photo's of the back of my car. Bastards.
I pulled off the motorway at Swindon, and on to a lovely clear dual carriageway and hastened on my way, only to notice a flash in my rear view mirror, and a sign reducing the speed limit to 40 mph. You can see I was doing 55mph. So, that'll be £60 and 3 points, please. Bastards.

I won't bore you with the rights and wrongs of Speed cameras, entrapment, revenue generation, etc, etc. I just feel cheated.

On a positive note, the summons contained a web address where you can enter your details , and see the evidence that "they have taken down & will use against you". Banged to rights (whatever that means)

:(

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BANG TO RIGHTS! 'A fair cop'--a justifiable arest for an obvious crime; underworld, since before 1930. Hence, a police and London's East End catchphrase by 1935 at latest, and a fairly general slangy catchphrase since c. 1950. Note Frank Norman's engaging criminal reminiscences, "Bang to Rights," 1950. For the 'bang' part of the phrase cf. 'bang on!'; 'to rights' = rightfully.

1:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Law is there for your protection - Good thing I say to protect us inhabitants of Wiltshire from ruthless Celtic petrolheads hell bent on arriving someplace far too quickly.
Let it be a stern lesson

12:30 pm  
Blogger chris said...

I am suitably chastised..........

12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home