Sunday, December 11, 2005

Can Fat Men Surf?


Thanks to the lovely guys at
surfwholesale , we will soon find out.

It's all down to the wonder that is EBay. Some months ago, Dylan & I went Surfing at
Caswell Bay , and had a whale of a time.

Since then, I have decided to upgrade from a boogie board to a real board. This is when the trouble began. Questions, questions, questions. Do I go for a Foam, Epoxy or a traditional Fiberglass board? and of course the eternal questions, "is bigger neccessarily better" and "how big should it be".

Well, after some serious research on 'tinternet, with sites like Surfing-waves.com, searching Ebay for prices, and talking to TheMalignantPixie & his lovely partner, SurfBunnie, I decided to plump for a fibreglass 8'4" Malibu board.

It looks like The
surfwholesale guys import epoxy "pop-out" boards from Austrailia, and sell them wholesale to Surf shops around the country, and have an interesting sideline of putting a few up for auction on Ebay. They also have an Ebay shop , where you can see thier full range. Some of the boards have a "make me an offer" button. I noticed that as well as the Epoxy's, they had two fibreglass Malibu's in the make me an offer section, and duly "made them an offer". Three days later, with much haggling, it now seems that I will soon be the owner of a brand new board, bag & leash. I can hardly wait.

We shall then find out if Fat Men Can Surf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home